Anderson Family Thanksgiving Update
We are here in rural MN!! Here’s a quick run down of the Anderson family Thanksgiving frolic and drama, thus far:
– Airplane ride with Aubrey went very smoothly. She’s an angel to travel with until…
– Got to the rental can and Aubrey hated the smell of the air freshener so much she started to cry and screamed, “This car smells disgusting!” Right in front of the Enterprise lady. That lady was a bitch anyway, so it’s all good.
– Boyfriend arrived on a separate flight and has been on good man behavior
– Mom fell and broke her shoulder yesterday (uh… yes)
– Went to a big indoor water park with Aubrey, SIL, nephew and boyfriend today which was a much needed getaway from the house for the kids. And adults.
– Have eaten more carbs in 3 days than I’ve eaten in all of 2011 leading up to now
– Found out my mom’s bathroom scale is 4 lbs under actual weight. DAMN YOU SCALE!
– Got my newsletter mailed out
– Got an interview for a show I’d love to be on
– Watched the new episode of Modern Family with MY Modern Family
– Ate Dairy Queen and Culver’s – awwwwww yeaaaaaahhhh!
– Back is killing me from the very stiff mattress in my parents’ guest room
– Having a great time being with Aubrey. She makes every day sun shiny!
Tomorrow is the big T-Day. We’ll see if my boyfriend drinks too much and picks a fight with me, how long it takes for either my dad, my brother or me to yell at my mother to sit down and rest (remember, she broke her shoulder?! She WILL attempt to do it all with a sling and an oxygen tank.) and if Aubrey can make if through one more day with her cousin without a time out. She came VERY close tonight.
Tis the season! I give thanks for my interesting family. What else would I blog about?
It’s almost Thanksgiving and I have a CRAZY week coming up with a show in CT on November 17, then a show in WA state on November 19, then home to pick up Aubrey in SoCal on November 20 and leave for MN on the same day. We’ll land in Minneapolis late that night and head up to the nowhereland my parents decided to retire in the next morning to hang there for Thanksgiving. It’s a 2.5 hour drive from Minneapolis.
We’ll be travelling alone, Aubrey and me, and anyone who has travelled alone with a young child knows how harrowing of an event it can be. Fortunately, Aubrey is good as gold on an airplane because she loves flying, loves getting snacks and watching videos and having her own seatbelt and tray. She thinks it’s a hoot. But it’s still a ton for work for mom – lots to schlep alone. I’m dreading the schlep, but looking forward to the time with family and playing in the snow with Aubrey and her cousin, David.
Anyway, this was a really roundabout way of saying this week has been really busy getting ready to head out for work and holiday travel, back to back. Today was the only afternoon to spend with Aubrey before I leave and we took a little time to play princess. Aubs isn’t all that much into the princess scene (thank God) but she does love to dress up in anything frilly or silly. She got out these princess crowns and made up her own rules. This girl never stops cracking me up!
WIKETS! Recs & Rewards!
I’m helping a friend of a friend launch their new app called WIKETS. I just downloaded it today and it’s really quite cool. It’s kind of like Facebook meets Yelp meets Amazon meets Twitter… but not complicated at all.
You build a network of friends and make recs (recommendations) of products (your favorite blender, the best spatula you’ve ever bought, the warmest snowboarding mitts on the planet) and places (sushi that will make you die, only garage to get your car serviced, the Thai massage that made you cry for your mother…in a good way), build wish lists and then earn rewards like Amazon gift cards for using friends recs, wishlists and re-recs.
WIKETS is FREEEE and currently available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 4.1 or later.
Here’s one last thing I should mention – I’m in a contest to see who can ge the most people to download with their promo code. I can will a MILLION DOLLARS!
OK, it’s actually only $500 but that could buy a lot of tater tots (currently Aubrey’s favorite food).
Here’s what to do:
1) Install WIKETS from the app store on your device, for free
2) Open the app on your device
3) Create an account
4) During account creation, it will ask you if you have a promo code: FunnyYellowMom
That’s it! Then enjoy the app! It’s pretty fun and could be addictive… like you need another time sucker! HA!
You can follow me too, to see my recs. 🙂